Wood Wool is a mechanically produced, multifunctional wood-based material in the form of fine strands up to 500 mm long, 0.15 – 0.2mm wide and virtually dust-free. Loose and natural wood threads, in contrast to wood chips, are largely free of splinters. These are made from deciduous and coniferous wood that has been debarked, depending on the use, and air dried up to 13% moisture.
Eden Wood Wool is of the highest quality and is used in many applications for void filling, stuffing, cushioning, insulation and filtration, common in many diverse branches of industry including animal hygiene and food. It does not attract fungus or bacteria & has good elasticity/velocity which safeguards your high-value products from damage during transportation. It is also an excellent animal bedding, particularly for primates who are susceptible to disease. It is used by different industries i.e. Wood Wool (Acoustic & Cement) Boards, Sheet/Float Glass Industry, Hatcheries, and Udder Milking.
Udder Wood Wool
Udder Wood Wool is an important component of milking to achieve the desired result. Hygienically it is necessary to remove dirt and excrement from udder to avoid milk pollution. A further positive effect of this cleaning process is the stimulation of the udder, which leads to the output of the hormone Oxytocin and consequently to rapid milk delivery. It is also important to create a stress-free atmosphere for milking, to prevent the onset of stress hormones, which restrain milk production. It is typically manufactured from special softer, finer wood.
- It is handy, cost-effective, and can be combined with disinfectants if required.
- A fresh bale is used for each cow because of the hygienic requirements. However, only about 5 grams per procedure is needed.
- One major advantage is the fact that this is a completely natural product and is easily disposed of.
- In experience, you will require approximately 4.5kg for each cow per year.
- We supply our Super Fine Udder Wood Wool in Hygienically Wrapped 10kg Bales
For more information please contact our team.